Saturday, January 07, 2006

What a great day for sports on TV!

First Kentucky gets DRUBBED by Kansas - 73-46. The Kentucky cheating nation is experiencing a major MELT DOWN. It couldn't happen to a better group of fans.

Then Tommy Amaker provides another perfect example of why he is the WORST coach in the B10. His team tried to play up-tempo again and turned the ball over and over and over and took bad shot after bad shot and turned it over and over and over and over and took bad shot after bad shot after bad shot and turned it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and took bad shot after bad shot after bad shot and turned it over and over and were behind at the half Up 2 on the Boilermakers Intramural team with 2 minutes left, Michigan took 3 HORRIBLE shots and Purdue had 2 chances to win with a 3 pointer but missed both times. This just in, UM just turned the ball over again in the locker room.

Illinois plays at Iowa next... then IU - OSU and as a side note, I am saving $89.95 by not going to the game today and I'm getting to see all this sports in HD on my 53' Sony. Thanks, Davis, Herbert, Greenspan and Dolson. I appreciate my year to date savings of $1,559.58 by not donating and getting season tickets this year.

And if that won't be enough, I've got 2 NFL playoff games in HD tonight. Makes it alot easier to take living where it is 32 degrees outside today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they're missing your money. For every old "back in my day" Bob Knight fan who no longer comes to the games there are four of us "new breeds" who are taking your place. Thanks!

Steve Straiger said...

I don't really care if they miss my money or not.

4 to 1 huh? Then that waiting list for season tix must be really long now.

So how are your seats this year? Did you move down closer?

Anonymous said...

Steve:

Who is this idiot Ann ony mous? I was at the game today and there were many vacant seats. The balcony was half full. The students do not have that great of interest to fill all their seats. According to this "?", there should have been standing room only. I do not believe there is a waiting list for IU basketball tickets.

Anonymous said...

You do realize that IU is still on Winter Break? Talk to me again following the next IU home game when all of the students are back.

Steve Straiger said...

I love the winter break excuse. It was Saturday late afternoon and classes start on Monday. When I was a student down there I always was back on Saturday morning and a couple of times on Friday. There was always a B10 game on that Saturday or Sunday and some of the best parties were on Saturday night. I guarantee you 80% of the student population was on campus Saturday.

What was the excuse the last 2 years when the corners of the balcony sat empty for EVERY game? The poor record? Missing the NCAA tourney 2 years in a row?

But then again when I was down there Student interest in tickets was so high that students only received between 6 and 4 games in order to accomodate all the requests. And that was when the waiting list for season tickets was 10+ years.

So Ann, when did you graduate from IU and how long did you have to wait on the waiting list to get your tickets? Where are your seats this year? Have you been to every game?

I graduated in '91... back in the good old days when interest for IU basketball tix among the students was so high that to accomodate all the requests I only received 4 tickets my senior year. I was on the waiting list from 91 to 2000 contributing at the Cream and Crimson level with a company match every year. And yep, I finally got my season tickets the year they fired Knight. Wonder why tickets suddenly opened up? And after 5 years, I dropped my season tickets this year. I got tired of watching the product that is currently called IU basketball.

And no there is no waiting list. I called down this year in October and asked and they had season tickets available. What does that tell you about the current level of support?

But thanks for spending so much time here Ann. Be sure to click on some ads or do some google searches while you are here.

Steve