Wednesday, March 31, 2004

The Death of Basketball... rebirth of Baseball

First they killed class basketball in Indiana... I can't even watch HS ball anymore.

Then Brand got rid of Coach Knight... IU has a long term contract with a guy that can't coach... It was painful to watch this year... I can't even imagine next year... can you spell UGLY!

Purdue is running off a coach that deserves to go out on his terms... I can only hope Slick Lavin ends up there... they deserve that.

And the NBA is becoming a training ground for high school kids with mad hops and slick skilz, but no understanding of the game of basketball... I haven't watched a game all year and that with the Pacers having the best record in the NBA.

I was lucky enough to catch a short interview with Josh Smith, the reason IU has the #1 recruiting class in the country on ESPN tonight. Jeremy Shapp asked Josh Smith what is appealing about going to college? "Right now, probably nothing really" said Josh. "You are going to struggle getting like $20 after a game in college. Being a lottery pick I'll be set."

So tomorrow night when Josh plays in the McDonalds All Star game, he will have played in 3 All-Star games making him ineligble for college next year. Without Josh Smith, where is IU's recruiting class going to be ranked? 40th. No wonder Davis is looking at other jobs. He can't coach and he can't recruit.

So with the death of basketball... I sure am glad baseball is recovering from the last strike. Now don't mess it up Selig with this globalization crap. Why are the Yankees and Devil Rays playing their opening game in Japan at 5am on a Tuesday morning? They play 2 games in Japan, then come back to the states and play 2 exhibition games... what is that? Play 2 exhibition games in Japan, then start the season for real back in St. Petersburg. This is America's Past-time... play the games in the U.S! Oh well at least it is the Minor... er... American League. Real baseball is played in the National League were Pitchers hit and can't hide behind a DH.

No comments: