Not that it matters, because there is no way this team can win 2 games in the B10 Tourney. But some interesting comments made after the game yesterday.
Bracey:
"It (the NIT) doesn't interest me."
Neither does playing for IU it seems... Bracey must really like those Budweiser Leon commercials.
Moye:
"I don't want to play in the NIT," Moye said. "That's the losers' tournament."
AJ... don't say that out loud. This is why you don't interview players right after a game. I know AJ wants to go to the NCAA in the worst way... but given the option of not playing or playing in the NIT... I think AJ will want to play.
Tapak:
"I don't care what they say," Tapak said. "Any time you have another chance to go put on the Indiana uniform, you should go play wherever you're supposed to play, whether it's the NIT or the NCAA. It's an honor to put on the Indiana jersey, and if you don't want to go out and put it on, then don't put it on."
This is why you recruit Indiana Kids. Tapak should start the next game just for this comment alone. The fact that he outplays Bracey on a regular basis is a close second.
Davis:
"When those guys say things like that, please don't write it," Davis said. "Because they know not what they say. They don't have a clue. As (a reporter) asked me earlier, I would crawl to get to the NIT. If you're going to be above something, you better lay it on the line if you're above it. If you're above being in the NIT, you had better just fight like crazy.
"I want to go. If I have to take Errek Suhr and Mark Johnson and Mike Roberts and those guys. Hey, they win (against the starters) every day in practice any way."
Mike, maybe you should have paid closer attention to some of the things Coach Knight did. There was a reason he didn't let reporters in the locker room after the game. If the White team is beating the Red team in practice every day, maybe you should start the White team?
Sunday, March 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment