Wednesday, March 31, 2004

McDonalds All-American Game Thoughts

I really didn't want to watch this... but nothing else was on tonight, so I had it on and paid a little attention when D.J. White and Josh Smith played.

I think I like what I see in D.J. White. He looked like a legitimate power forward. He ran the floor well, caught the ball in traffic, went to the rim with authority and made his foul shots. But the best thing I witnessed... he played better post defense in an All-Star game than I saw all year from the Hoosier's big men. He was fronting guys that were bigger than him and making it miserable for the guys he was defending. I loved it! D.J. you will be welcome in Bloomington. Keep up the hard work!

Josh Smith on the other hand... Thank you for doing us all a favor and going straight to the NBA. He looked like an incredible athlete with absolutely no game. On the defensive end he was running around like a 6 year old simply following the ball trying to block shots. On the offensive end he was chucking 3s and making Bracey look shy. If ever a kid could have gained "a lot" from a disciplined college system, Josh is that kid. The NBA draft should be interesting. Any team that takes Josh better have a 5 year plan for him cause they won't be getting any production for years.

No comments: