Monday, April 05, 2004

A First!

For the first time that I can remember... we may be talking 1980 here... I did not watch the NCAA Mens Basketball Championship game. I watched IU take it all in 81 and I believe I have seen every championship game since then. But not tonight. Instead I enjoyed a masterful performance by Ray Oswalt up until Barry Bonds hit a 3-run homer to tie the game at 4 a piece. It was his 659th HR... 1 behind his Godfather Willie Mays at 660. Obviously Barry is off the Juice as the ball barely cleared the right field wall... but I digress...

Basketball is dying... That is what Mike Davis has done to my love of the game. This season wore me out and I am done with Basketball until next Oct 15.

The only good thing about UCONN and GT tonight... was that Duke didn't have a chance to win.

No comments: