Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Knight Resigns

So Coach Knight resigns from Texas Tech to give Pat the chance to be the head coach for the last 10 games this year as a trial run to better prep for next year.

He currently stands at 902 Wins.

But the real question is the following: Is Coach Knight retiring? Or is Coach Knight just handing the reigns over to Pat at Texas Tech and going to take another job next year?

Interestingly the media hasn't put this possibility together yet. Those that despise him are taking shots like they will never get a chance again. Leave it to the media to miss the real story.

I think Coach Knight's interview with Jay Bilas provides the correct answer in the comments below:

"I would not be coaching certainly here after the season is over."

"The time has come here for me."

"I felt it was right to do something for Pat in lieu of winning a few more games here."


Call me crazy, but I don't think Coach Knight ends his career with 902 wins. He loves to teach the game too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife suggested the thought that he may not be 100% in the health department. I haven't seen anything that would indicate such a thing, but I think it's definitely a possibility...