What a crappy race from what I could tell.
The IRL's Live Timing and Scoring System was messed up throughout the race so it made it very hard to follow the race outside of the top 2 guys. Wheldon led Kanaan for the entire race.
ESPN's coverage was once again pathetic. I don't understand how it can get worse. Paul got drivers confused... cars confused... speeds confused... positions confused... Whoa... the man is just confused all the time. Scott just kept repeating himself over and over again without providing any useful information... when the rear wants to step out... the car is what we call "loose". The production left a lot to be desired as well... the video was grainy... the graphics were blurry. Overall a horrible effort from the broadcast partner.
After Taylors crash with 30 laps to go it looked like there might be a good finish. Wheldon, Helio and Kanaan started 1, 2, 3 but Kanaan got past Helio on the restart and then just became a buffer to allow Wheldon to win. A dud of a race... unless you are Japanese, they seemed pretty excited over Honda's first victory in Japan.
At least it was televised at 11:30pm EDT, so I doubt many watched outside the die hard open wheel fans.
Now its off to Indy and I sure hope Chevy has been working on the 3.0 liter engine! May can't get here soon enough.
Saturday, April 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment